Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wedding Weekend



One of Tony's closest friends, Anthony, got married this weekend in Chicago. So we headed north on Thursday. We made a pit stop in Indy to drop off Claire at Tony's parent's home so they could keep her for us. It was our first time to leave Claire overnight, so I didn't look forward to that part of the getaway, but once we got to our beautiful hotel, I started to really relax. Friday evening was the rehearsal dinner. We ended the night at Bob Chinn's - it was a seafood place, but i still enjoyed my pasta and veggies.



Saturday, 2:30PM the wedding ceremony began. It was a beautiful one. Then after pictures at the church the wedding party took a trolley to the Chicago Botanical Gardens for more pictures. Though the gardens were for Anthony and Natalie's pictures, Tony and I took advantage of the background and snapped a couple pictures for ourselves. (Please don't mind my hair...it was a chilly and windy day).When we returned to the trolley everyone enjoyed champaign and a break from high heels and tuxedo shoes. We finally got back to the hotel in time to run up to our room for a bathroom break and lip gloss touch up (not Tony of course). Where I sadly left our camera...so i didn't get any pictures of the reception which was AMAZING!! Cocktail hour began at 6 and dinner at 7. A 5 course dinner was served as we toasted and enjoyed a little entertainment before the dance floor was filled. Anthony and Natalie began the night with their first dance that looked like somthing from Dancing with the Stars. It was a beautiful waltz to a Josh Grobin song. Then it was time to get down!! The DJ may have sounded like Murray from "The Wiggles" but he was seriously the BEST DJ I've ever seen/heard - however you say it. It was fast dancing all night long and we had the best time!



Sunday, the bridal party got together one last time for brunch before going our seperate ways. We finally got home to Indy around 7:30PM When Claire would normally be in bed, but mommy and daddy couldn't wait till morning to hug her, so we did get her up and loved on her till it was dark outside.

3 comments:

The Murray Crew said...

Jaimz - It sounds like a most fabulous weekend, girl! I'm so glad you guys got a get away. You look SMOKIN' in the pix. Tony is ONE LUCKY dude! Surely he tells himself this every morning in the mirror. Glad you got to love up on Claire Bear when you got back too. Sweetness!
Miss you Like Bambi Misses His Gun Shot Mama,
Jen

Ashley & Chuck said...

What a fun weekend! I love the dress you wore to the rehearsal dinner. And I can't believe that garden had tulips! All the tulips down here died mid-March. Then again we are having 90 degree weather.... Anyways, I'm glad you guys had a fabulous weekend!

Ryan and Lori said...

Looks like you two had fun in Chicago!! You look great in the pics Jaimes!