Saturday, May 10, 2008

Finally Done!


I originally started this blog as a way to share some theological reflection and to put down in text what I was studying. However I found that time limitations, because of school and work, prohibited such an endevor. Since then it has become something probably far more interesting with pictures and stories about our daughter posted by Jaimie. However I am glad to now anounce that I am done with school! Lord willing (and assuming I passed my Syriac final:) I will graduate with my Th.M. in Old Testament Studies on May 16.


One major advantage to being done is that I can study what I want to and will hopefully have time to post some reflections.

Since drawing near to the completion of my seminary studies, the question everyone asks me is "So what's next?" It is a good question and one that I do not have a good answer for. My desire has always been to get a Ph.D. in order to teach OT at the undergraduate level. I still have that desire, but will not be starting school again in the fall for a number of reasons. Maybe in the future that opportunity will present itself or maybe God has another plan for our family. In the meantime I am still a supervisor at UPS and excited to see what God has in store.

No comments: