Friday, August 17, 2007

1 Week Down


Well, I made it through my first week as a ThM student. This semester I am taking Graduate Research Seminar, an Old Testament Colloquium, a seminar on the Pentateuch, and an Isaiah exegesis class. I will be reading many books this semester such as The Pentateuch in the Twentieth Century (Nicholson), The Prolegomena (Wellhausen), A History of Pentateuchal Traditions (Noth), Abraham in History and Tradition (van Seters), Reading the Old Testament (Barton), Word Order in Biblical Hebrew Poetry (Lunn), Yahweh is Exalted in Justice: Solidarity and Conflict in Isaiah (Leclerc), and A Students Guide to Textual Criticism of the Bible: Its History, Meathods, and Results (Wegner). Also I will be reading many journal articles and selected Hebrew texts from Leviticus and Isaiah. I also will be writing two papers: a forty page paper on Isaiah 47 and a twenty page paper on the Pentateuch (topic currently undecided). Obviously it will be a busy semester but I will try to update the blog periodically with my progress (although I doubt too many of you care).

No comments: