Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The day that changed our lives forever!


Our sweet little Claire turned 3 years old today.

Last night Tony blew up a bunch of balloons and put them in Claire's room while she was sleeping so she started the day with a colorful surprise! Then, she and I zipped up coats over our jammies and went out to get her favorite breakfast treat, donuts with sprinkles. Later that morning we went to the store to let Claire pick out a couple items with a gift card she received for Christmas from her Granny Z. After strolling up and down and up and down all the isles, she finally made her picks: blue sparkley fingernail polish, purple Ariel PJ's and pink bubble gum.

After her nap we painted her nails with her new polish and waited for daddy to come home with the birthday girl's favorite dinner: McDonalds chicken nugget happy meal. After putting on her new Ariel jammies, we finally ended this special day with watching Claire's birthday video. This is the third one we've made, but I still get tears in my eyes each time I watch them.

What a miracle and blessing children are from the Lord. I know this is Claire's birthday, but really she is such a gift to us everyday.


3 comments:

QuatroMama said...

I was in tears 3 years ago today.
Tears of excitement
Tears of fear
Tears of wishing I could be there for my BFF
Tears of discomfort
Tears of joy that my sweet friend had become a mommy.

I love you, Claire! You are blessed, sweet gal!

Ashley & Chuck said...

Happy Birthday Claire! I'm glad you enjoyed your special day!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday sweet Claire! James, I can't believe how fast our babies are growing up!