Sunday, December 30, 2007

Claire's First Christmas




Tony, Claire and I celebrated our first Christmas as a family on Friday, December 21st before heading north to visit family. It was a sweet time we will never forget. We began with brewing the gingerbread coffee and getting out daddy's bible to read the Christmas story. Tony read as Claire listened for about 5 seconds...what can you expect from an 11 month old when there are no pictures to look at :) Anyways, we moved along to presents. Claire received a ball and microphone. She loves to push the ball around and chase it - in her "inch worm" style of crawling. She can crawl on all fours, but is much faster when she does the worm/army crawl. And the microphone magnifies her voice, so she really likes to "sing" into that and hear her voice echoed back to her. She smiles each time she makes a noise. I'm proud to say that her first Christms cost us a whopping $3! Praise the Lord for easy and cheap entertainment :) We then packed for our travels to see family. We got to enjoy time with both our families from Saturday thru Wednesday. It was great. Unfortunately I left our camera up there, so i don't have too many pics to share. But here's a start.

All three of us came down with nasty colds the day after Christmas, which we're still going thru lots of tissues and cough drops, so we'll be celebrating New Year's Eve just the three of us at home this year. We'll see if Claire can make it to midnight :)

2 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

Aww, Claire is such a cutie. I see that Tony is teaching her how to sing into her microphone. Maybe she'll be in show choir too! :) I'm glad y'all had a good Christmas.

The Murray Crew said...

I'm dyin' to see a 1st bday post...so sorry I had to miss it! Sending our Love,
Jen and boys