Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day



Our Youth Pastor at church stood up Sunday morning and said, "I don't believe in Mother's Day." A hush over the crowd...Then with a smile he continued to say, "EVERYday should be Mother's Day." What a save! But this is so true. Everyday, someone calls their mother on the phone for a recipe, how to get a stain out,for a good cry or a good laugh. Maybe it's advice or a prayer request you may have. Whether it's good news or bad, our moms are usually the first we dial on the phone. Or even the awards ceremonies on TV..."First, I'd like to thank my mom...". Our mothers play so many roles - from head cook, housekeeper, nurse, laundress, shuttle service, teacher, hugger, cheerleader, counselor, you name it, that was in her "job description"...without complaint or hesitation, she was ALWAYS THERE!

My mom was there when I became a mother. She held the cold wash cloth on my forehead when Claire came into the world and cut the cord when Kevin was born. Seriously - she has a very strong stomach! I thank the Lord daily for my mother who led me to the Lord at the age of 6.

Another special mother to recognize is my mother-in-law. I couldn't ask for a sweeter one. Praise God for these amazing women He blessed me with!

The first time I held Claire.


The first time I held Kevin.


My sweet babies today.


My goodies from Tony, Claire and Kevin.


Thank you family for making me feel so loved and special.

1 comment:

Ashley & Chuck said...

Great post, Jaimie! I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day! Mine was good too. And could that little Kevin be anymore cuter in that picture of the three of you??