Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kidney Reflux

Today was Claire's one year anniversary of getting a UTI (urinary tract infection)and then to find she has kidney reflux. Our little lady has been on antibiotics for the past year to keep her from getting a UTI again. She has not had any reoccurance or trouble with her kidney reflux since. So to "celebrate" her success we had an annual check up which includes an ultrasound of her kidneys then an xray followed by an appointment with the urologist. She did have to be sedated for the xray which was a little funny to watch her act as if she had one too many cocktails. Mommies need a little laugh when watching their baby go through these tests. Well, good news bad news...bad, she still has kidney reflux, good news she's still at a 2 (1 to 5, 5 being the worst) so we'll continue the antibiotics for another year and do it all over again next year. In the mean time, please pray for our little Claire to grow out of this, so surgery will not be in her future.



This picture has nothing to do with the day, just a sweet festive one to attach. It's more fun to read a post when there's a picture :)

5 comments:

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

Thanks for sharing. I'll be praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the news!!! I will be thinking about you all!! We have been through all of those tests with Adelyn b/c she got a UTI at 4 months of age, not fun at all so I know how you feel!!!! I can't wait to find out what baby #2 is!!!! Hope all is going well!

Anonymous said...

That was from me (whitney) not sure why my name didn't pop up?

Ashley & Chuck said...

I'm glad her kidney reflux didn't get any worse. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next year. Oh and I love Claire's headband!

Stephen and Laura Timmons said...

Hey Jaimie - Have you kept in touch with Blake and Lydia Ring? Their daughter was just diagnosed - you might be able to encourage them.

http://joyfullyjourneying.blogspot.com/2008/12/riley-update.html

We are glad to hear that it hasn't gotten worse. Miss you guys!