Friday, August 29, 2008

Slumber Party, Shipping Off and Sales

These last few days have been great. Wednesday was my sweet nephew Jonathan's 5th birthday. After going out to eat the boys came over for a slumber party. Thursday, my little brother Gil moved into the dorms for his first year of college (sniff sniff). I sadly forgot my camera but it was bittersweet moving him in. Friday Claire and I picked up some great deals at a garage sale. I was never into garage/yard sales, but recently a couple friends have convinced me that especially when you have kiddos you can find some great items at amazing prices. This morning's steal...Mega Blocks doll houses. I got all four doll houses with their accessories for $5! I was on a mission for new fall shoes for Claire, but when she found this box of goodies, I coulnd't resist. She played with it all day - she even got her daddy to play too :)



Claire was trying to sit in the house too.

2 comments:

Ryan and Lori said...

What a great deal James! Claire is getting so big! I can't wait to see her this weekend.

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

Keep up the great shopping. My mother-in-law is an expert of end-of-season sales and getting kids clothes for the next season ridiculously cheap (like <$5 for >$20 outfits). Especially great for holiday gear which you can get even cheaper for next year after the big day. It keeps Archie clothed!