This past weekend my entire family headed back to our roots of the Cornhusker state. It was a bittersweet trip in that my precious grandpa has been battling cancer for almost 10 years and the doctors suggested we come to visit sooner than later as his health is going down hill rapidly. We all immediately booked flights, packed up vans and traveled west to Nebraska to love on our grandparents, possibly one last time. My grandmother has alzheimers. I don't mean to write a sad post. But rather if you have grandparents still alive, enjoy every minute God blesses you with them. My grandparents (Elmer and Lovella Zajicek) celebrated their 60th anniversary 2 years ago. They are an amazing couple, who truly love each other no matter what. When we arrived at the Zajicek Farm my Grandpa said, "I want this weekend to be a celebration of life." and it truly was.
Monday, July 28, 2008
I LOVE Nebraska
This past weekend my entire family headed back to our roots of the Cornhusker state. It was a bittersweet trip in that my precious grandpa has been battling cancer for almost 10 years and the doctors suggested we come to visit sooner than later as his health is going down hill rapidly. We all immediately booked flights, packed up vans and traveled west to Nebraska to love on our grandparents, possibly one last time. My grandmother has alzheimers. I don't mean to write a sad post. But rather if you have grandparents still alive, enjoy every minute God blesses you with them. My grandparents (Elmer and Lovella Zajicek) celebrated their 60th anniversary 2 years ago. They are an amazing couple, who truly love each other no matter what. When we arrived at the Zajicek Farm my Grandpa said, "I want this weekend to be a celebration of life." and it truly was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you got to spend such a special time with your grandparents. It looks like you had fun on the farm too.
I didn't know you had farm-roots in you James!! Those pics could have been taken down south in GA! I'm glad you were able to make a trip to see your grandparents. We miss you terribly in KY! I moved from IN to KY and the Zetts headed north to Indy; we could have switched car tags!
Hey girl - I found your South Carolina twin - she just won a pagent and was in the newspaper, she looked so much like you in the pic I saw. I looked her up online but she doesn't look much like you after all, but if you google Taylor Fitch, SC and look at the pic of her being crowned she could be your twin.
(Stephen says I'm not very good at picking out look-alikes but I think this one is close)
Post a Comment